Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH)
What is a Medical Home?
A medical home isn’t a building or place; it is a way of providing coordinated healthcare services. This is how we provide care at Progressive Community Health Centers. Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) is a certified model of evidence-based care that focuses on you (the patient). We offer comprehensive services that support you and your unique healthcare needs.
A Medical Home is:
- Accessible: You can receive care when and where you need it. The medical home delivers accessible services with shorter waiting times for urgent needs, enhanced in-person hours, and 24/7 telephone or electronic access to a member of your care team.
- Patient-Centered: You and your family are important parts of your healthcare team. We respect each patient’s unique needs, culture, values, and preferences.
- Continuous: You regularly see the same providers.
- Coordinated: Your team coordinates all your care, including sharing information and records with outside specialist care, should you need it.
- Compassionate: Your well-being is the highest priority.
Medical Home Benefits:
- Improve communication between you, your family, and your healthcare providers
- Help you understand and manage your health
- Advocate for you, when necessary
- Manage off-site referrals
- Remind you of upcoming appointments/tests
- MyChart online secure health portal gives you access to educational resources and self-management tools to help you reach your health goals
Medical Home Team:
- You (the patient)
- Your family
- Your primary care provider (doctor, nurse practitioner, physician assistant)
- Nurses, medical assistants, specialized care providers, caregivers, and others who help you manage your health
Progressive Community Health Centers has been awarded recognition by the National Committee for Quality Assurance Patient-Centered Medical Home Program.