Health Screening & Resource Fair-Wednesday, Aug 11th
July 23, 2021 | Community Outreach
Progressive Community Health Centers and Froedtert Hospital are co-hosting a special day of fun and wellness for the entire family! The free event will feature entertainment from the Milwaukee Bucks, haircuts by Gee’s Clippers, family friendly activities and community resources. Breast and prostate cancer screenings will also be offered at no cost to women and men ages 40+. Anyone age 18+ can also get their COVID-19 vaccination and receive a $25 DoorDash gift card!
When: Wednesday, August 11th (rain or shine)
Where: Lisbon Avenue Health Center (3522 W. Lisbon Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53208)
Cost: Free for all ages
Free Cancer Screenings
- Women age 40 and older can get screened for breast cancer (mammogram). Call (414) 777-1900, press option 1 to schedule a mammogram.
- Men age 40 and older can get screened for prostate cancer (blood test). Call (414) 805-3666, press option 2 to schedule a prostate screening.
- Those who complete a mammogram or prostate screening will receive a $10 Walmart gift card and one entry into a raffle for exclusive Milwaukee Bucks memorabilia.
- No insurance, no problem! Tell us when you call.
Outdoor Resource Fair (11am-1pm)
- Milwaukee Bucks entertainment crew with Bango and the Hoop Troop
- Free haircuts by Gee’s Clippers
- MKE Good Food Bus
- DJ, snacks and give-a-ways
- Health resources and community vendors