Happy Social Work Month!
March is also Social Work Month!!
The social work profession has been instrumental in achieving civil rights and human rights advances in the United States and across the globe for more than a century.
Programs and services provided by social workers in the following areas are essential elements of the American social safety net:
- Adolescent and Youth Development
- Aging and Family Caregiving
- Child Protection and Family Services
- Health Care Navigation
- Mental and Behavioral Health Treatment
- Military and Veterans Assistance
- NonProfit Management and Community Development
- Poverty Reduction
Social Work is unlike most other helping professions in that its members generally function as specialists and consultants in host settings led by other professions. They are also often private practitioners, educators, community leaders, policymakers or researchers.
For More Information about the Social Work Field visit http://www.socialworkers.org/